March 12, 2014

The Atonement

My church has a class for youth through high school called Seminary. In some places, this is before school really early in the morning, but I have the amazing privilege of having it during school on release time. The other day, we had an amazing lesson about the Atonement. In my church we believe that the Saviour died not only for our sins and so we could live again, but also suffered for our pains, temptations, and afflictions. That's not to say we will never have hard times, but it does mean that He knows what you're going through and can comfort you and lighten your burden. 
How comforting that is to me, that He was willing to suffer for all my anxiety, all the times I snap at people, and all of my disappointments. I love my Saviour, and I know that He is the best place to turn when trials come. I know He is real and that He suffered for me, the greatest show of love ever performed on this earth. And if The Lord of Lords, The Prince of Peace, The Only Begotten Son was willing to do that for me, I must be worth a lot. And He did it for you too. I know these things, and I testify of them in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment